Residency Permit (Aufenthaltserlaubnis = AE)

A residency permit (Aufenthaltserlaubnis) will be issued if the submitted asylum application is approved. This usually happens in conjunction with the issuance of a work permit.

There are other options to obtain a residency permit (Aufenthaltserlaubnis), for instance based on family-related or humanitarian grounds.

The GGUA Flüchtlingshilfe has compiled an overview related to asylum and residency legislation (May 2021):

An overview of the various permanent stay provisions (Bleiberechtsregelungen) can be found at:

Under section Residency Legislation Related Orientation you will find information and links on the subject matter of labor market access.